FACULTY OF SOCIOLOGY AND SOCIAL WORK
The Department of Sociology and Social Work was officially established in 2008 following the merge of the Department of Social Work and Community Development and the Department of Sociology. Therefore, it is considered a very new department of Dalat University.
The purpose of Department of Sociology and Social Work is to provide educational opportunities for students who wish to pursue a career as a practitioner or researcher in the fields of sociology, social work and community development.
At the undergraduate level, the Department of Sociology and Social Work has the two following areas of concentration:
• Social Work and Community Development
The general objective of the Department of Sociology and Social Work is to educate students studying either the bachelors of Sociology or bachelors of Social Work and Community Development
* to educate specialists who have good ethical and moral principles, the ability to serve the community, maintain their health and skills in interpersonal communication.
* to systematically develop professional knowledge as well as practical skills in research and a passion for the profession.
* to gain the ability to apply theory and skills into researching and addressing social problems and problems in the relationship between the client and their social environment. In doing this they are able to enhance the capacity of people and communities and contribute to social development.
The Undergraduate Program of Sociology and Social Work utilizes the credit system based on the following requirements:
• Duration: 4 years.
• Required number of credits: 125.
• Eligibility: students who have graduated from high school.