FACULTY OF TOURISM
The Faculty of Tourism was established in 2002 according to the decision 185/TCCB of the Ministry of Education and Training. The faculty’s program was built with the support of UQAM (Université de Québec à Montréal, Canada). In order to provide quality human resources in tourism to Vietnam, the Faculty of Tourism has two 4-year-programs. Each program focuses on management of tourism and travel, management of restaurants and hotels; and one 2-year-program specializing in tourism operations such as FO operations, F&B operation, and Tour guide operations.
• Analyzing the impacts to the development of tourism in Dalat and Vietnam.
• Following up and updating the policies as well as the regulations in tourism management.
• Analyzing and implementing tourism market, and approaching strategies.
• Having good skills of communication in Tourism English
• Having abilities to make and control tourism development plans.
• Analyzing capacities as well as forecasting the development of different types of tourism.
• Planning policies for tourism development of each area.
After completing the programs, a BA of tourism can provide students with:
• Working at tourism offices and companies, in different positions such as marketing area, receptionist, room division, and restaurant manager…
• Planning and developing tourism destinations and working as tour guides in domestic and foreign tour operators.
• Working in research and training fields relating to tourism.
• Establishing private businesses in tourism (hotels, restaurants, and travel companies), based on knowledge acquired during studies at the university such as enterprise management and law.
• Continuing to pursue higher education level of tourism in other Vietnamese and foreign universities
. Main activities for students
Some student activities include:
* Organize various field trips for students in order to help them get more practical knowledge and professional skills.
* Establish tourism skills clubs to help students have opportunities to exchange, learn and improve their skills in the process of learning (English club, club for tour guides, Club for communication skills.). Currently, students are participating as tour guides for American tourists from Grand Cycle Travel.
* Tourism students join every event on campus which includes culture, sports and others promoted by the university.
* Tourism Department cooperates closely with the University of Quebec at Montreal - UQAM (Canada) in the process of training. The University UQAM has
- sent experts to support the UDL in designing tourism training programs.
- sent professors, books and equipment to help the department in teaching.
- received young lecturers, and excellent students to study in exchange.
* The Tourism Department has signed agreements with six local tourism enterprises that help students to practice.
• Department of Culture, Sport and Tourism of Lam Dong.
• Joint Stock Tourism company of Ba Ria - Vung Tau.
• Ana Mandara Resort Villas Dalat
• Blue Moon Hotel Dalat
• Ngoc Lan Hotel Dalat.